Friday, 27 November 2009

BR Green Clayton arrives from Hattons


Wrapped in the trademark brown paper and string, my latest purchase from Hattons arrived at 7am this morning, seeing me have to leap out of bed to frighten the Postman with my loud pyjamas.
Having convinced myself that I deserve an early Christmas present, I opted for a lovely green Heljan Clayton, having looked longingly at a few on the Heljan stand at Warley. It's very rare that I part with my own money, especially on model railway things (this being my job, after all), but this looks to have been £79 well spent.
I just need to fit the amazingly delicate etched fans and grilles given me by Mr Hanson of Shawplan. I also want to do something about the cab interior. And a nice, gentle weathering job.
Watch this space - or, indeed, the pages of Model Rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...