Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Big Tipper!

Treated myself to a fleet of National Coal Board tipper lorries for the planned extension to my little Colliery-themed layout. These Guy trucks look great and the tipper even tips! Complete with twin hydraulic rams. I'm tempted to pose at least one of them with the rear raised, dumping a load of slag or coal onto a stockpile.

Produced by Corgi in the OO gauge Trackside range, I picked a few of these up from Hattons of Liverpool the other day. They're crying out to be detailed and weathered and, perhaps, to have the odd donkey-jacketed chap in the cabs.

Anyway, I'll keep this blog updated with news of the layout's (and these trucks') progress. I've got a few other things to finish first:
2 Bachmann 47s, a DJH Jones Goods 4-6-0 kit, a Caley Pug, a German electric thing, plus a stack of things to build for review.....

No comments:

Post a Comment