Thursday, 17 December 2009

Festive Jobs







No, not Christmas shopping, but Model Rail jobs to do over the festive period... First up is this wee Caley Pug 0-4-0T, using a Hornby Railroad model as the basis. I've already spent a day stripping the bodyshell and adding various new details. In fact, I'm just waiting for my shed to warm up enough for me to go and spray a coat of primer over it (we had a bit of snow up here in the Pennines this morning - not much, but a bit!).


While that paint dries, I'm going to look into improving the look of the chassis, without making any drastic mechanical alterations. It's the cylinders that may need the most work, I fancy. The full project will be described in the Feb 2010 issue (MR140).


A few other things are cluttering my workbench this morning, to be slotted in around drying glue and paint on the Caley Pug: Some C-Rail containers, more 21t mineral wagon kits and some Q&As to catch up on.




3 comments:

  1. Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished model, especially to see what you can make from the basic chassis. Are you adding new cylinders or rods? What about the brake gear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get all the brass detailing parts from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Most of the brass parts were from Mainly Trains (www.mainlytrains.co.uk). I can't remember the full list off the top of my head, but there was a full shopping list printed in the February 2010 issue of Model Rail in which the article appeared (MR140). If you need a copy, call the Model Rail back issue dept on 0845 601 1356.

    All the best,
    George

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...