Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Help For Heroes

Model Rail has donated two unique models for auction in aid of Help for Heroes

I missed Model Rail Scotland this year for the first time in 6 years, attending a friend's wedding in the South Lakes with Mrs D - and a very nice time we had too. It was amusing how it still felt like a rail-themed weekend as both bride and groom are signallers for Network Rail. As were many of the guests! Indeed, a few of them tried to convince me to change career and, having almost succumbed to the attractions of a job on my local Hope Valley line a couple of years ago, I did start to wonder. 

Anyway, as my Model Rail colleagues tripped up to Glasgow last Friday, I spent the day changing the identity on a couple of Hornby steam locos, donated by MR, for auction aboard the upcoming Help for Heroes charity railtour, run by West Coast Railway, on Sat 27th March. As the tour will be hauled by BR 'Brit' 70013 (as 70048 The Territorial Army) and 46115 Scots Guardsman (current repairs permitting)I duly re-worked the two models to portray these prototypes.

These lovely nameplates are from Fox Transfers

I love the Hornby Britannia model. I must get one for myself!

The trip runs from Lancaster to York via Preston and Manchester Victoria and bookings can be made through West Coast. Tel. 01524 737 751 or go to www.westcoastrailways.co.uk
It's for a very good cause, too. see also www.helpforheroes.org.uk

1 comment:

  1. 70048 (70013) has (during preservation)always had BR1 teneder, not a BR1D. The actual 70048 had a BR1D in real life.

    As can be seen in this shot :)
    http://clive-hanley.fotopic.net/p54840663.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...