Sunday, 11 September 2011

Hope Valley Idyll

The view from the bridge 1: EMT's Norwich-Liverpool sprints through the Hope Valley near Edale village. It's a lovely spot here, once all the weekend walkers have b******d off back to the city in their massive cars, leaving the valley very tranquil.


Just returned from an enjoyable break in the Hope Valley, Derbyshire. Having decamped to a wild and remote farm cottage, with only sheep for neighbours, me and Mrs D spent the week climbing the hills on horseback. Well, Mrs D did much more of that than I did, as I couldn't resist a bit of 'line-siding' on our own private bridge over the railway. It might have rained for most of the week and my little car broke down, but it was all good fun!

Come home to a fleet of EWS 66s awaiting attention and a couple of articles to write on motor maintenance, which is slightly ironic given that I've got a full size Micra to try and fix too. I'm also counting down to Model Rail Live next weekend, which will, no doubt, prove to be a busy few days...


The view from the bridge 2: We actually climbed to the top of those hills on horseback. It was terrifying and exhilarating, but I drew the line at cantering on the way down - I stuck to a sedate trot. There was no stopping Mrs D though, as she raced across the fields at a gallop... madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...