Wednesday, 22 August 2012

PEAK POWDERS

Dapol Prestwins now in service


I mentioned back in June that I'd been building a couple of Dapol (ex-Airfix) Prestwin silo wagon kits and, having virtually finished them, they sat around awaiting final 'acceptance' work before being passed as ready for service. In other words, I was waiting on some Instanter couplings! The pair are now hard at work as part of my growing cement/lime train with a Peak District theme - hence the perambulations behind a LNWR Super D, which were a staple of the Buxton area up to the mid 1960s.

The Prestwins make for an interesting contrast with the Bachmann Presflos, being a very distinctive shape and, as the close-up pics from that June Blog post show, the Dapol kit can be built into a lovely model. Indeed, I still have a half dozen Dapol and Airfix kits of the Presflo, but am not sure if I'll ever get round to building them, what with my bulging collection of Bachmann's version. But you never know.

I've also just submitted my Model Rail article on the building and weathering of the Prestwins, that is to appear in issue 175 (October).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...