Monday, 20 January 2014

NEW YEAR ADDITIONS

Heljan '16' and SR van join the fleet


All has been quiet on the practical side of my job since Christmas, with lots of editorial tasks to get on top of. After a few weeks chained to my Mac keyboard, I'm getting itchy fingers and am looking forward to finishing off some 3D printed wagon kits this week. But, in the meantime, here are a few images of my latest material acquisitions - a lovely Heljan Class 16 and a spiffing Bachmann SR 'pillbox' brake van.

Neither are strictly applicable to main regional interests, but they're jolly nice all the same. In fact, I can justify both, just. Some of the '16s' worked around Derbyshire while on trial in the 1950s, with the workings up through Ashbourne to Parsley Hay and Buxton being of relevance to me. Indeed, a book I got for Christmas, 'Rails to Ashbourne' by Howard Sprenger, shows one of these machines at work on the ex-LNWR line. As has already been mentioned here, I'm a real sucker for small BR diesels and the '16' joins my Heljan Class 15 and 'Hymek' that I bought last year without a suitable layout to run them on. Not yet, anyway...

The ex-Southern brake vans, meanwhile, did tend to stray a bit across BR regions when working on ballast and engineers trains in the 1970s, so that's my excuse.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...