Monday, 4 July 2016

NOT SOMETHING YOU SEE EVERY DAY...

TPE Turbostar caught at Great Rocks Jcn.


I was lucky enough to be passing Great Rocks Junction yesterday as a 6-car Turbostar pootled up to the signalbox to claim the token for the line onwards towards Tunstead Quarry. It made a change from the limestone trains on this freight-only line in the Derbyshire Peak District. Indeed, I have to remind myself every time I pass here that this used to be the main Midland Rly route for London-Manchester expresses...

Incidentally, the train was a Branch Line Society railtour form Manchester Airport to Cleethorpes, taking in lots of rare track on the way. 


1 comment:

  1. I have a Railscene video of that place in 1986 and it looked quite different complete with the station building but videoed in the winter time.
    Roy Sage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...