BIG KIT LANDS!

Connoisseur Kits coach kit joins the queue


I've had my eye on several 7mm scale wagon and coach kits in the Connoisseur Kits range for some time. However, until working on an Ixion Hudswell, Clarke 0-6-0ST a few weeks back, I couldn't really see when I'd get around to having a working 'O' gauge layout on which to run any stock. Now that plans are afoot, I thought I may as well take the plunge and opted for a 4wheel ex-NER composite carriage that will look at home on any generic light railway.

Obviously, being mostly a 4mm scale modeller, this kit looks big in comparison - and fairly weighty, too, being all-metal. The etched brass and whitemetal castings look extremely well rendered and I can't wait to get building. Just a shame that it'll have to wait a couple of months until I can slot it into my schedule. Hopefully, by then, the mini layout will be up and running...?



Comments

  1. Hi George, might your new7mm layout be based on the Derwent Valley Light Railway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe! I'm thinking of a fairly generic location so I'm not limited in the locos and stock I can run, but I'm tempted by the pretty little DVLR stations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts