CROSFIELDS CROSSING 3




This scratch-built 4mm scale signal box is now complete. I haven't built anything like this from scratch for a few years, so it's been an interesting project which has also brought back some memories of the real location. I can almost smell the soap powder from Crosfields Works... Having set myself the task of building this signal box, in a fairly short time, using only what materials I had to hand, I think it's turned out really well. There's a few elements I'd like to improve at some point, especially the interior, once I've done a little more research, but it's an important first step towards a small model railway project based on Crosfields works. Next job, is to start thinking about potential track plans.


The building of this signal box, with a little prototype history, appears in the new issue of Model Rail magazine (issue 275), out now.


Comments

Popular Posts