CLASS 31/4 FINISHED

Brush Type 2 ready for service.

Here are some images of my finished Class 31/4. As mentioned previously, I've been working on a Hornby model, adding plenty of extra detail and applying a full repaint. The etched bogie footsteps and other delicate details from a PH Design kit have added plenty of finesse to the model, while a careful paint job - using a variety of shades of BR blue and yellow, rather then flat coats - forms the icing on the cake, so to speak. 

I've cut back on my loco detailing and repainting work recently, due mostly to boredom (doing too much of one thing is never a good idea) but this project has reinvigorated me a little.  

You can see how the model was created in the next issue of Model Rail magazine (MR241), on sale next week.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts