I've just received a parcel from Telerail, containing two-dozen copies of the new Model Rail DVD, The Definitive Airbrushing Expert. As regular readers of this Blog may remember, this programme was filmed over a couple of months earlier this year and it's now on general sale.
With over 60 minutes of professionally-filmed footage, subjects include:
- Choosing the right airbrush
- Setting-up and using an air compressor
- Preparing your models for painting
- Mixing and thinning paint
- Practice techniques
- Creating smooth, even coats of paint on flat and 3D surfaces
- Applying primers, topcoats and clear coats
- Achieving special effects
- Working with acrylics, enamel and cellulose paints
- Cleaning and maintaining your airbrush
I'll be taking these DVDs to Model Rail Live at Barrow Hill this weekend, so look out for them on the Model Rail stand. Otherwise, copies can be obtained direct from Telerail. Normal price is £30, but Model Rail readers can save £10 by using the order form or reference code printed in the latest magazine.