BRUSHING UP A BRUSH 2, Part 4

The Hornby Railroad '31' is now sitting proudly on the shelf above my desk, resplendent in slightly grimy BR blue. I'm pretty chuffed with how it turned out, especially as the job was a little more rushed than is usual. My regular, relaxed (yet busy!) routine has been seriously compromised by taking a few weeks off in September. The model is anything but perfect - I'd have liked to have had to time to knock-up some cab interiors and the wheels are a bit coarse by today's standards - but it does give the more recent Hornby Brush Type 2 a run for its money. Especially price-wise. I note that Trains 4U in Peterboro are offering the Railroad model at about £50, while a high spec '31' has a rrp of over £140 (or a whopping £231.75 with DCC sound!). So, if you fancy a RR 31, I'd get one sooner rather than later as the production batch is limited.

You can read all about this project and see the step by step demo in Model Rail 176, out on November 1.

Comments

  1. Looking very good. Great job you have done with it.

    Regards,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts