BIG MERCEDES 2


Work on the Italeri 1:24 Mercedes 2238 truck continues, with the chassis frames and components primed and painted. With no airbrushing facilities at home, I'm working with aerosols, which I'm not usually a fan of. But needs must and all that...

An improvised spray booth has been created from a cardboard box and luckily I had a few facemasks at home before the PPE crisis. Waiting for a warm, still day on which to spray paint outdoors isn't easy when you live atop a hill in the wilds of Northumberland, but the box offers a degree of protection from the breeze. It's not ideal, but it works especially well for smaller details. I had to use a bigger box when spraying the Mercedes chassis however, and it took a few attempts to get the paint into all of the nooks and crannies without overdoing it.


Everything was going well until Mr Sparrow decided to drop a 'tod' directly onto one of the components, just after I'd sprayed it. Cleaning the muck had to wait until the paint had dried and, after a quick rub down, a second attempt was made. Working at home, instead of my regular workshop, has certainly proved an interesting challenge. I'm really enjoying it though!


Comments

Popular Posts