MORE CLASS 90 PROGRESS

Upgraded Hornby AC Electric Ready for Painting


As previewed briefly the other week, my Hornby Class 90 project has been progressing well. The excellent PH Designs upgrade kit has made a massive difference to the level of realism, along with a resin pantograph kit that is a real miniature work of art. I've also changed the chunky Hornby wheels for a set of Ultrascale replacements and the model has been test-run.

Once some colour has been added to bodyshell, it should really come to life. As I write this, the first coat of primer is drying and I've already noted a few areas that will need some extra filler and rubbing down, so I've plenty of work to do yet.

The full demo of the detailing will appear in the nest issue of Model Rail (MR201, out soon) while the painting and transfers stages will be covered in MR202.




Comments

Popular Posts