CATTLE CLASS

Quick upgrade for a Bachmann cattle van. 

I've been easing my way back into the work groove this week, after a fortnight's R'n'R. Faced with hundreds of Emails and a stack of review projects and features to work through, I thought I'd make time for something a bit more enjoyable. So, having ring-fenced an hour for some practical work, I had a go at a quick weathering job on one of Bachmann's excellent BR cattle wagons.

This is a factory-weathered version, with tampo-printed patches of buff coloured stains, which looked OK at first glance but the overall effect lacked depth and tonal variety. So, I started with a dark acrylic wash to stain the seams between the planks, followed by airbrushed 'dirt' over the chassis and body. Finally, various shades of off-white acrylic were dry-brushed over the lower sides to mimic disinfectant stains. All done in 45minutes or so.

Now, back to that pile of editorial work...

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. The limewash was banned pre war as it burned the hooves on cattle but whatever replaced it caused fading so this looks spot on.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts