SCALESCENES BOX FILE LAYOUT

NEW SCALESCENES KIT PROVIDES PLENTY OF FUN.


My modelling output dipped during 2018, as evidenced by the fewer blog posts last year, due to a shift in my duties at Model Rail. While this has proved a mixed blessing, I did manage to end 2018 with one of the most enjoyable practical projects I've undertaken for some time. 
After receiving a press release from John at Scalescenes, showcasing his new downloadable kit for a complete scenic layout to fit within a standard A4 box file, I knew I had to build one for myself.
The 'OO' kit provides a range of industrial buildings, all of which can be slotted together to allow for easy dismantling (the whole lot can be stored within the closed box file when not in use). All the modeller needs to provide is the box file, track and extras like figures and assorted clutter. A few track plans are suggested in the instructions and a simple cassette-type fiddle yard can be knocked-up from plywood or MDF. The buildings sport detailed interiors and there's even a scenic backscene provided too.
I managed to build mine in a week, just before the Christmas break and it was a great way to sign off another year at Model Rail. A full build demo can be found in the current issue of Model Rail (MR257), on sale now. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts