SENTINEL DUO

Pair of NCB shunters get the weathering treatment.

Eagle-eyed readers may have seen an NCB blue Sentinel being used to help plan my gas works diorama a week or so back - I've been titivating a pair of Sentinels for my colliery fleet. However, after making a start, they've been sat for a few weeks awaiting final touches.

The yellow diesel version is a repainted Hornby model (featured in Model Rail issue 207), and it has been working at Maudetown Colliery for some months in virtually ex-works condition. Standing out like the proverbial sore thumb, I thought it high time to muck it up a bit.

The splendid blue steam version, is a Model Rail exclusive model (a few are still available - see www.modelrailoffers.co.uk  I've added the nameplates (custom etched by PH Designs) and there's still a lot of work to do to achieve the weathered finish I'd envisaged. I'm aiming for a grimy, greasy, yet slightly polished look, with streaks and extra definition around the delicate surface relief. Maybe some scuffs here and there too. 

Must stop thinking about it and just get on with it!

Comments

Popular Posts