RECENT ACQUISITIONS


A flying visit to Hatton's of Liverpool has seen a number of new arrivals in the Maudetown Colliery fleet. Namely a Bachmann private owner mineral, complete with coke rails, bearing the name of a Cardiff-based merchant. Additionally, a Hornby steel-bodied mineral of Tirpentwys, Pontypool has swelled my Welsh-themed stock. Both will be extensively distressed and weathered, along with National Coal Board markings. The Hornby wagon will be receiving a new underframe, as per a number of previous conversions mentioned on this Blog.


Away from the tracks, Maudetown has also taken delivery of a tasty little mechanical shovel in the form of an EFE die-cast Bucyrus with drag bucket. Inspired by a forthcoming Model Rail article by Chris Nevard, I'll be detailing and repainting this machine into NCB livery for use on the colliery's spoil heap. This is a cracking model that should be a joy to titivate.




And as a matter of pure whimsy, I also treated myself to a Heljan Cargowaggon bogie open, complete with pipe load. Hatton's are currently offering these at bargain basement prices (£15 without load, £18 with pipes) which are too good to miss. I used to get excited by these wagons in my spotting days, so I just couldn't resist adding one to my collection.


Comments

Popular Posts