GREEN DIESELS AT WORK

Locos and stock dusted-off for running session.


Much of my locomotives and rolling stock live for long periods in storage as I seldom have the space and time to set up my layouts and give them a good run. Therefore, it's always welcome when I'm offered access to other folks' larger layouts, allowing the locos to stretch their legs, so to speak. A recent visit to my chum James' 'gaff' saw a bunch of my 1960s-era green diesels trundling up and down his layout, shunting a bunch of my kit-built coal and general merchandise wagons. 

With so many of my modelling acquaintances having succumbed to the draw of digital control, it's a relief when I can still turn up with my analogue stock and not spend ages scratching my head wondering how on earth I get the things to move. Just plonk the train on the track, turn the knob and off we go... who needs all that techno crap?!?!



Comments

  1. I recall that layout rising up in another magazine- glad to see it still all there as it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duncan,
      Sorry, your comment got lost in the system for a while. Yes, James Lavery's Waytown is a lovely layout. Or I should say 'was' - he's now broken it up. Luckily, he has given me some of the buildings and other nick-nacks, for future use.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts