After working on a couple of Peaks for the BR green era, I remembered that I had a spare blue 45 lying around awaiting detailing & weathering. After digging it out from the attic, I realised that I'd pinched the air brake tanks from the chassis for another model.
But hey ho, I'll make some replacements from plastic rod at some point, but I did detail the cab fronts - adding wire handrails, new lamp brackets and scoring on the missing seam line.
The yellow ends were masked and re-sprayed before a bit of dirt was sprayed at it with my trusty Iwata airbrush. And much better it looks for the attention, too. Especially as it's the bulled-up version of 45114 with white roof and bodyside stripes. The clean roof looked luminous when set on my layout and benefits from a bit of exhaust staining.
I'm not sure why and when the real thing was painted thus, a quick trawl through my books and on the internet has found no real info. It looks nice, though!