Thursday, 26 November 2009

Trees, trees and more trees


Been spending my last few evenings assembling a huge number of Woodland Scenics trees, of various sizes, shapes and foliage shades. They're to go on a couple of dioramas that I have planned for the new year and I thought I'd get some ready to plant beforehand.

Besides, it also gave me the opportunity to see how the plastic tree armatures could be improved with a little tidying-up of mould pips and a few coats of acrylic paint.

There's no rest for the wicked, as they say, and with my steam loco detailing book now in the shops, I'm starting my third title for Crowood. I shan't say what it's about just yet (I don't think I'm allowed to - better check my contract!) but somewhere within it should include how to create realistic trees!

When I've planted a few, I'll post some pix of the finished trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment