WET GOOD FRIDAY BLUES


Well, the Easter holidays have got off to a good start, with plenty of rain hereabouts. So, with plenty of household chores to avoid, I skulked off to my workshop for a few hours and built a trio of 'OO9' narrow gauge wagon kits for my colliery layout. The Parkside Dundas kits took very little time to put together and have been filled with Liquid Gravity (Deluxe Materials), to add sufficient ballast, secured with dilute PVA and left to cure overnight. The guard's van has already been fitted with N gauge buckeyes, but I haven't decided upon couplings for the two open vehicles yet - will probably opt for wire and loops with translator wagons marshalled at either end to match up with the buckeyes on my little OO9 loco, Doris.

Not a bad way to spend a wet afternoon - but I hope the weather bucks up for the rest of the weekend... Happy Easter to everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts