NEW ADVENTURES IN ETCHED BRASS

Network Rail test coach kit under construction.


Pete Harvey of PH Designs pressed this fantastic kit into my hands at the Warley show a couple of years ago, but I've only just gotten around to putting it together. Representing a BR Swindon-built 57ft observation saloon, after the later addition of recessed bodyside panels. The prototype was in use with Network Rail until fairly recently, usually to be seen sandwiched between a pair of Class 31s or 37s, or a single loco and DMBS.

The kit is certainly impressive and the brass bits have gone together well. Almost everything is provided, save for castings such as buffers, air brake reservoirs, bogies and roof vents. I have virtually everything stockpiled, but the roof vents are eluding me at present, so am considering making my own. 

A full demo of the project will appear in Model Rail magazine, issue 227, on sale 22 September.




Comments

Popular Posts