PIMP MY PUG

Quick upgrade for Hornby L&Y 0-4-0ST.



A spare hour or two over the weekend found me dabbling with this Hornby L&Y 'Pug' that has been in my collection for a good 10 years or more without ever receiving the attention it deserved. It's a really good runner, despite the basic mechanism, but the bland factory-weathered finish needed an improvement and I decided to tweak a few details while I was at it. A new chimney (from 51L models, I believe), smokebox door handle, drawhook and lamp brackets add some finesse, while the big sprung buffers (Gibson) replaced the dumb originals. Although retaining its BR identity, the loco is destined for use in my semi-fictional National Coal Board fleet, so I've not bothered too much with fidelity to the exact prototype. 

And now, to touch-in the new bits and apply a proper weathering job...


Comments

  1. Do you have an 'after' photo by any chance.
    It would be inspiring to see the finished Pug!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts