FORD LTL9000 PROGRESS


Like the DAF 95 kit mentioned in recent weeks, this is another 1:24 Italeri kit that got packed up last summer before we moved house. This is a Ford LTL9000 and, since unpacking it a few weeks back, I've managed to get the chassis finished, adding mud guards and fuel tank, as well as finishing off the resin replacement wheels (which look fantastic!). Work has now turned to the bodywork and the cab interior is complete, while the exterior shell and bonnet are almost ready for painting.

Originally, the kit was a recovery/wrecker truck, but I'm building it as a modified tractor unit, minus the sleeper cab and with a hydraulic crane. Eventually I'd like to build a flat bed trailer to accompany the truck and give the crane something to lift! But that's a long term goal. The crane took a little time to get right, with hydraulic hoses added from flexible cable. Painting it should be interesting - I couldn't decide whether it would be easier to paint it in sections before final assembly, or as a whole unit. As you can see, I decided to try the latter approach... I hope I don't regret it.



Comments

Popular Posts