Monday, 19 March 2012

LET'S ALL BE ONE



The new Model Rail hits the shelves this week, featuring an unusual B1 project.

My subscription copy of Model Rail 168 arrived in the post this morning, with copies appearing in newsagents and model shops from Thursday. There's a few interesting articles in there, along with some up-to-the-minute news and reviews. As mentioned here a few weeks ago, I was asked to come up with something out of the ordinary using the new Hornby LNER 'B1' 4-6-0. Richard mentioned a fleet of these locos that survived the cull of 'B1's to work in the Departmental sector for a few years and, after a trawl over the Internet, I decided upon no.30, that served at Barrow Hill for a time.

So, grab a copy of MR168 for the full, fascinating story of these Departmental 4-6-0s and there's also a full demonstration of how I recreated my own version. Other highlights include a look at DCC sound in 'N' gauge (a great alternative to loco-fitted speakers), detailing & weathering an EWS Class 47, how to build a level crossing and non-wooden baseboards. There are also some great layouts, including a look at a certain Mr Waterman's epic recreation of Leamington Spa in the BR blue period, with some exquisite photos by Chris Nevard.

1 comment:

  1. Model Rail magazine has a lot to answer for sometimes. Pete Waterman's O gauge diesels feature is keeping the fires in me stoked to try my hand at another O gauge loco weathering job like the one I did on a Club members Hymek last year using a feature in Model Rail as a reference. If only I had the time, space and money for O gauge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...