KNIGHTWING LOCO ALL WHITE


While struggling to handle the tension of listening to the Liverpool v Everton cup semi final, I retreated to my shed with my lucky radio and red scarf. A bit of priming went on, along with a few livery coats on a couple of wagons and a carriage, but I was finding it hard to concentrate. And when Carroll scored L'pool's winner at the end, I almost spilt dirty thinners all down my trousers. In my present euphoria, I'm thinking of painting the Knightwing shunter red instead of yellow, as originally planned...

The boy comes good - two late winners in two games for Oor Andy! (Photo taken from BBC Sport)

Comments

  1. Personally, I think you've got three choices with this kit; NCB blue, yellow, or the red ochre with yellow lining as seen on one of NCB's sentinels. I think the latter wouldn't look so good on this loco. I'd be far more tempted to apply the yellow colour scheme for two reasons: one, it's an attractive livery, and two, it would lead as a natural progression from your older locos painted in the blue. You've got the NCB tipper wagons in the yellow, too, so I think this would be a nice friend for those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chad,
    Thanks for the comment - just read it while writing up the latest entry on how I'd painted the loco yellow after all! You're right - this scheme will bring the layout up to date and the loco will look at home shunting air braked hoppers around the colliery sidings. I'm also working on an ex-BR Class 08 for the 1970s/early 80s period - watch this space...
    Cheers,
    George.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George, What did you use for NCB Blue - there doesn't appear to be a match available any more - It used to be available through Precision - but that's a long time ago! ScottishModeller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I've used Humbrol's No.104 matt enamel (Oxford Blue), which is a close match for NCB blue. Alternatively, I've also mixed my own when I've wanted to be more accurate. A combination of BR Provincial dark blue with a little purple (Porterbrook purple!) - both from Phoenix - has got the best results. See:
      http://georgedentmodelmaker.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/ncb-gronk-signed-off.html
      and:
      http://georgedentmodelmaker.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/bettsy-at-work.html
      Cheers,
      George.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts